After testing about ten CMS softwares provided by our web host, I finally opted to adopt the phpWebSite. It’s the easiest to customize, although I miss the per-subject counters of Geeklog and Mambo’s newsflash feature.
With phpWebSite, nevertheless, every portal’s member feels the sense of community as she may participate in any of the following ways:
- Submit a FAQ
- Upload and download a document
- Submit a story or announcement
- Vote on polls
- Participate in Forums
- Comment on articles
- Create and use data-entry forms
- Create a photo album
- Submit events
The only limitations I have encountered with phpWebSite are:
- timezone configuration which is set to the server; there’s no way to set the timezone to localtime
- FAQs classification which can only be done by categories, not subject matters.